Vibration and Temperature Sensor with Digital Signal Processing
Vibration and temperature sensor with digital signal processing is designed to monitor the vibration and temperature characteristics of industrial equipment.
- chemical industry;
- mining industry;
- factories and enterprises of the construction industry;
- at enterprises for the production of building mixtures and materials;
- in the food industry;
- at the enterprises of the agro-industrial complex.
The sensor can be used as part of distributed systems for monitoring the state of machines and mechanisms, as well as an autonomous tool of emergency protection.
- measurement and processing of vibration characteristics in three axes,
- measurement of the temperature of the surface on which it is installed, and the ambient temperature (air).
- VTS-DSP-3D / 2.1 – two optically isolated control outputs;
- VTS-DSP-3D / 2.2 – one optically isolated control output, one optically isolated input.
The presence of the input provided by VTS-DSP-3D / 2.2 allows using it in two versions:
- as a potential discrete input of the signal about machines switching on, it can be used for machines and mechanisms which have a steady state with a constant frequency of turns and a known running-up and deceleration time;
- as a pulse input of the external speed sensor, which is necessary, first of all, for monitoring equipment with a variable frequency of turns.
Digital Data Interface
- Industrial RS485 interface provides a sensor connection up to 1 km away, even under industrial electromagnetic interference conditions;
- when using standard converters of interfaces, local networks, wireless networks and the Internet network, removal of the sensor may be unlimited.
Digital Signal Processing
- measurement, filtering and transformation of the integral characteristics of vibration (RMS acceleration, velocity and displacement) in three axes based on the fast Fourier transform;
- formation and transmission of spectrograms of the frequency representation of the vibration signal synchronously along three axes with a given frequency resolution and boundaries of the frequency band of interest;
- the ability to transfer direct time domain representation of the vibration acceleration signals synchronously in three axes for in-depth processing and analysis at the top system level;
- control of levels in sixteen frequency bands, with defined boundaries, warning and emergency thresholds;
- formation of a state representation for exceeding the warning and emergency set points of the RMS thresholds, levels in the specified frequency bands, surface and air temperatures and transmitting it via the digital interface;
- control of outputs (output) in accordance with any combination of programmable conditions.
Scalable Sensor Application:
- autonomous (“emergency protection relay”) – can be used to protect equipment without using any system using the control outputs for signaling or automatic shutdown;
- using the sensor in the minimum configuration system via a local connection to a computer through an RS485 / USB interface converter and bundled software;
- connection to existing process control systems (SCADA)
- creation of a distributed, including territorial, (including remote production facilities) system of centralized monitoring of the state of machines and mechanisms.
CENTRALIZED MONITORING SYSTEM CONDITIONS OF INDUSTRIAL EQUIPMENT ON THE BASIS OF VTS-DSP-3D / 2.x SENSORS
- in the local network of the the organization/factory/;
- in territorial networks, including using 3G / 4G wireless networks and the Internet.
- server centralized processing and storage of data;
- the workplace of specialists with WEB access via the standard browser.
Organization of Data Collection
- flexible scheduling of data collection from each publisher (frequency, data type – state, integral values, spectrograms) in accordance with the production needs and throughput of data transmission channels;
- states as the results of data processing sensors;
- trends of integral values (RMS of acceleration, speed and displacement);
- spectroscopes of frequency representation of signals;
- trends of values according to spectrograms of frequency representation for the analysis of the possible development of defects over long time intervals;
- user requests for operational data of the original time representation of vibration acceleration signals;
- temperature trends over the surface and air.
Analysis of the operational data of the original time representation of signals:
- FFT up to 8192 points, with a choice of linear or logarithmic scales and window function;
- filtration of signals based on direct and inverse FFT, conversion of values (acceleration into speed and displacement), Wavelet analysis, 2D / 3D tracing, etc.
Generation of warning and alarm messages, logging, reporting, etc.
The sensor is used in accordance with GOST 30296-95.
Microcontroller digital signal processing
- core – ARM Cortex M0 +;
- CPU frequency – 48 MHz.
Measurement of vibration effects
- three-axis accelerometer;
- sensitive element technology – MEMS;
- synchronous data acquisition on three axes.
Programmable ranges of measured integral vibration values
- RMS of acceleration – ranges 10, 20, 50 and 100 m / s2 in the frequency band 2-1000 Hz;
- RMS of speed – ranges of 3, 6, 12 and 24 m / s in the frequency band of 2-1000 Hz;
- RMS of displacement – ranges 200, 400, 800 and 1600 mm in the frequency range 2-1000 Hz.
Digital signal processing
- bandwidth 2 – 3000 Hz;
- FFT on 8192 points on each of the axes;
- the cycle time of digital signal processing – 3 s with all axes and parameters;
- spectrograms – 1024 bands along each axis;
- calculation of RMS values of acceleration, speed and movement with filtering in programmable frequency bands;
- control of exceeding the specified warning and alarm thresholds in 16 programmable frequency bands;
- transfer of the original time representation of signals – buffers with 8192 values along each axis.
- surface temperature;
- air temperature;
- range of measurements from-30 to 80 ℃;
- accuracy of measurement +/- 2 ℃
- RS485, Modbus RTU protocol;
- speed – 115200, 57600, 38400, 19200, 9600, 4800 bps;
- the number of sensors connected to one line – up to 8.
- line length – up to 1000 m, depending on the speed of transmission and type of cable.
- VTS-DSP-3D / 2.1 – two control outputs;
- VTS-DSP-3D / 2.2 – one control output;
- optically isolated, “open collector” type.
- only VTS-DSP-3D / 2.2;
- optically isolated.
- from 8 to 25 V DC;
- Consumption current – no more than 40 mA.
Operating temperature range
- from -30 to 80 ℃;
Degree of protection
- IP 67 according to GOST 14254.
- 40х40х33 mm.
- Length 3 m, can be changed when ordering.
Sensor weight without connection cable
- 140 g
- on M8 stud;
- when using the adapter – on the pin M5.